Using Invite Ireland
Invite Ireland is the one stop place to plan your holiday in Ireland, regardless of whether you are a visitor to the country or planning a 'staycation'. It's free to set up a member account, where you can list your preferred types of accommodation, activity and restaurant preferences.
To register, we require the following:
- Your name.
- Your email address.
- Your Chosen Password, and confirm your password.
Please read and accept the terms and conditions to proceed.
The next stage is the profiling page. Tick at least one option per section. The more info provided, the more tailored a holiday or travel plan we can recommend.
Once you submit the details you should receive a verification e-mail. Click on the link in the e-mail to activate your account.
If you do not receive an e-mail, check your Spam/Junk folder. If that still does not work, then e-mail , from the e-mail address you registered with and request that the account be activated.
Register with Invite Ireland to use this feature. There are two great ways of creating a holiday plan. You can either use the Automatic Holiday Planner, or manually, browse the listings on the site and add them to your plan.
To generate a holiday plan, please fill in the following:
- Holiday Plan Name (This is for your reference)
- The date you plan on going on the trip - format must be dd/mm/yyyy or you can select it on the calendar.
- The starting destination of your trip.
- Whether or not to stay overnight in your starting town.
- The number of towns/cities that you wish to stay overnight on the trip
- The maximum distance you wish to travel between towns/cities.
- Your chosen mode of transport.
Once you submit your options, a draft plan will be generated for you based on your submitted profile. If you change your mind about visiting a destination in the draft plan, then you can either replace the town/city in the plan or drop it out of your plan completely. The plan will simply re-adjust with the reduced number of destinations.
To drop a town/city from the plan click on "Drop town name from Plan"
To replace the town/city in a plan click on "Replace town name in Plan"
You can browse the destinations and add your own accommodation listings to a manual holiday plan. Browse the listings using the map, or enter a destination to search for. When you find listings you want to stay in, click "Add to Holiday Planner". Once you have at least one accommodation listing added to your planner, click "View My Holiday Plan" to adjust the number of nights you wish to stay. Click "I'm Finished, Save My Holiday Plan" when you have completed the plan.
Fill in the following fields:
- Holiday Plan Name. We advise something that will differentiate between your other saved holiday searches. (e.g. Summer 2012 West Coast Tour)
- The Dates you plan on taking the holiday.
- The town/city you are commencing your journey from.
- Whether or not you wish to rent a car.
Alternatively you can choose an existing saved holiday plan to add to or alter.
Remember, by keeping your profile up to date, you can browse the site and find appropriate listings that match closely to your submitted profile.
We hope you enjoy searching.